DANIEL (fiction)



“Daniel, your Mom said you have to play with me.  Let me in the fort. We can be Knights of the round table.  Knights get to go out in the world and slay dragons.” 

“Daniel, I’m a pirate, I travel the seven seas and find treasure.”

“Daniel, you’re MY best friend, why won’t they let me play, I don’t fight like a girl.”

“Daniel, I’m taking Karate classes, so the next time Jacob pushes me, I’m going to knock him down with a kick.”

“Daniel, why do they keep saying you’re my boyfriend when you’re my best friend.”  Mom says boyfriends come and go, but best friends are forever.

“Daniel, you’re the best!  You’re my best friend and the best macaroni and cheese maker in the world!”

“Daniel, horror movie marathon this weekend? Remember you have to hold my hand through the scary parts.”

“Daniel, Jeff asked me to the dance, but I told him that I was going with you because we’re best friends.”

“Daniel, Mary keeps looking at you.  I think she likes you.”

“Daniel, I can’t hang Friday, I’m going to the movies with Brian.”

“Daniel, Aaron asked me to go the Homecoming dance, why don’t you ask Sherry, she keeps saying you are dreamy, it’ll be a double date.”

“Daniel, you’re the best!  There’s nothing like your chocolate mousse to fix a dented heart.”

“Daniel, I feel so free when I’m sailing.  I just want to sail and see what is beyond the horizon.”

“Daniel, you won!  You got the scholarship for the Culinary Institute! Let’s celebrate!”

“Daniel!  I got into Journalism School on a sailing scholarship!”

“Daniel, I’m home for vacation, do you want to hang?”

“Daniel, I’m dating Josh.”

“Daniel, Josh said I spend too much time on the water.”

“Daniel, Josh hit me, I kicked him in the balls. No one gets to tell me how to live.”

“Daniel, you’re here! You’re the best! You’re my best friend.”

“Daniel, I’m stuffed, if you keep feeding me like this I’ll capsize the boat.”

“Daniel, those girls are all looking at you.  Why aren’t you dating anyone?”

“Daniel, you’re my best friend.”

“Daniel, we could work on a ship together and see the world.  I’ll be part of the crew and you can be the chef!  At night I will write about our adventures.”

 “Daniel, Angie wants you to ask her out, should I give her hope that you will?”

“Daniel, Nightmare on Elm Street!”

“Daniel, you have to go to France and become a Le Cordon Bleu chef!  It’s your dream!”

“Daniel, the magazine loved my travel articles, they want me to come work for them full time.”  

“Daniel, I’m in Paris!  You have to show me the sights and feed me.”

“Daniel, you’re the best friend in the world”

“Daniel, I’m dating Michael.”

“Daniel, I’m doing a travel show, I’ll be travelling all around America.”

“Daniel, I’m in San Francisco! Let’s meet up.  I’ll sail and you feed me.”

“Daniel, Michael is jealous of you, but I explained we’ve been best friends forever.”

“Daniel, why do you keep flitting from girl to girl as if you are a honeybee pollinating all the flowers.” 

“Daniel, I’m sorry.  You’re my best friend, I love you.  But I’m in love with Michael.  We’re moving in together.”

“Daniel, please don’t cry, you’re my best friend.”

“Daniel, I miss you.”

“Daniel, Michael and I are moving to Los Angeles, please come visit us.”

“Daniel, Michael and I are getting married, you have to be my best man!”

“Daniel, you came! You’re my best friend!”

 “Daniel, I’m doing a special series on places to visit in California.”

“Daniel, I’m staying on this organic farm.  You would love it here.  All the fresh produce a chef would want.”

“Daniel, this is Jean, she owns the farm I told you about.  You really should go out and visit her spread.”

“Daniel, why don’t you bring Jean and all of us can go sailing!”

“Daniel, you look so happy when you are with Jean.”

“Daniel, I’m pregnant!”

“Daniel, we have a new Knight for the round table.  You have to agree to be his godfather. There’s no one I’d trust more.”

 “Daniel, I’m coming to San Francisco for a new set of articles.  Can we hang like the old days?”

“Daniel, I’m sorry, I’ll tell her we’re just friends. I’ll tell her we just fell asleep watching Halloween marathon.  Daniel I’ll explain to her, you’re my best friend.”

“Daniel, are you O.K.?”

“Daniel, it’s O.K. We’ll always be friends even if you love someone else more.”

“Daniel, I’m so happy!” 

“Daniel, let me see the ring.”

“Daniel, Did she say yes?...”

“Daniel, of course I’ll be your Grooms Maid.”

“Daniel, I love you, you’re my best friend.” 

“Daniel, she’s beautiful, of course I’ll be her godmother.”

“Daniel, you’re restaurant is a hit!  I’m so proud of you.”

“Daniel, bring the family for a picnic!”

“Daniel, There’s a Scream marathon this weekend, let’s watch it together and video call at the same time.”

“Daniel, I’m getting my own boat!  You have to come at the christening.”

“Daniel, Michael is in the hospital, they say it’s stage four.  He never felt sick.  What am I going to do?”

“Daniel, this life has become a horror, with no one to hold my hand through the scary part.”

“Daniel, thank you for helping me, you’re the best.  I couldn’t have gotten through it all without your support.”

“Daniel, I’ve been offered a job in San Francisco.”

“Daniel, Thanks for helping me find a place to live.  I think we’ll be happy here.”

“Daniel, my young knight is angry all the time he misses his father so much.  He is getting into fights.  Can you help me?”

“Daniel, thanks for giving him a job in your restaurant, he’s so tired, he doesn’t have the energy to fight anymore.”

“Daniel, it was great staying at the farm, we really needed some family time before he goes off to college.”

“Daniel, the house is so quiet.”

“Daniel, dating is hard.”

“Daniel, men can be such creeps.”

“Daniel, Horror Con is coming up.  Let’s go!”

“Daniel, I can’t believe it’s time for my goddaughter to graduate from college. We’re getting old.”

“Daniel, I talked the boy into taking a week’s vacation for my 50th birthday.  Can you, Jean and the girl join us?”

“Daniel, I’ve decided to move onto my boat.  The apartment is too large and lonely just for me.”

“Daniel, John in the boat next to mine keeps asking me out.”

“Daniel, John isn’t a creep.”

“Daniel, our boy and girl are dating, he says they fell in love on my birthday trip.”

“Daniel, it was a beautiful wedding.  Our babies are married.”

“Daniel, how does it feel to be a grandpa, you old man?”

“Daniel, John asked me to marry him.  We’re going to live on his boat.”

“Daniel, there’s a classic horror film festival.  Let’s go, Jean and John can keep each other company.”

“Daniel, Daniel, don’t go please..please hang on…Daniel you’re my best friend, don’t leave me.  Daniel, Jean is coming, the kids are coming.  Hold on.  Don’t go.  John, make him stay.  Oh God, he can’t go.  What will I do.. Jean, I’m so sorry, one minute he said his arm hurt and the next he collapsed.”

“Daniel the doctor said with some rest you should be all right.”

“Daniel, who is this, Jean, what’s wrong?, Daniel!!!!”

“Daniel, I love you.”

“Daniel I miss you.”

“Daniel, I’m watching Dracula, classic at it’s best.”

“Daniel, Jean is doing OK.  The kids are doing fine.  John is there for me,…but I still miss you.”

“Daniel, I’m not doing so well, everything hurts a bit.”

“Daniel, my friend, we of the round table, we who took the pirates oath.  I can feel you hanging around.”

“Daniel, my old friend, you look good, have you come to take me home? Remember you have to hold my hand through the scary part.”

“Daniel, you’re my best friend forever.”








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Much Loved Woman

Spaghetti for Christmas (recipe)

Who’s Who of Indian Relatives