Sharing the Things That Make Me Happy

     It's not that I wasn't writing.  It was that what I was writing involved other people's stories and not just mine OR it was so soul revealing that it left me raw.

     I have no problems putting portions of my life out to the ether, but there are some emotions/thoughts that I just want to ramble through on my own in the hopes that at the end I can find a place of peace and acceptance.  

     That sounds very spiritual, but its not. I'm not an ascetic.  I believe I am too Earthbound.  I do not wish to be "detached", from this world.  What I do want is to work on myself in order to be the best me that I can be, because I'm probably getting a C+ on that project.

     So while in 2023 I didn't write as much as before, I did try to say yes to more things, especially traveling.  

     I also had to deal with things I really had no control over.  I'm the - see a problem, can I do anything about it? yes?  then do it, no?, then keep moving on.  What I found my self doing is can I do anything? Yes, but  let someone else fix it.  No?  pretend it doesn't exist until the emotions can deal with the fall out. 

     That's not the way I want to live.  I'm still procrastinating a bit, but I'm getting better.  Now it's just a matter of sweeping away the cobwebs that have me glued to anything that has nothing to do with anything important and just declutter my life of things that don't make my life better.  

    So the writings I can't share will stay private, but the things in my life that make me smile, I'll share, just in case it makes someone else smile as well.  


Things that Make Me Happy

  • Being a Granny
  • Feeding the ones I love
  • Creating Menues
  • Travelling
  • Photo Projects
  • Doing something I've never done before
  • Reading
  • Watching all kinds of movies and series (this is where I've been hiding this past year if truth be told). 
  • Writing Stories (unfortunately, too often I make the story in my head and it never gets put in actual words.  Writing is hard work.)
  • Doing Laundry (That's separating and washing, I hate pressing clothes, I'd rather clean bathrooms than press clothes)
  • Whenever someone responds to something I write, even it it is just a comment on a comment.  Then I know at least one person heard me.  
  • Going to the spa - reflexology, Indian Head Massage, Facial, Body Massage.  to a midwest girl like me these things are decadent, but in India it's barely an indulgence.



     

       

     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Much Loved Woman

Spaghetti for Christmas (recipe)

Who’s Who of Indian Relatives